The words betting as well as responsibility generally don�t go together. However, there is a distinction between betting for fun and obsessive compulsive gambling. It’s understandable that this second option is inherently dangerous to the individual as well as to people around the individual.
So when does gambling for fun take a turn for the worse and be a problem? Well, before we answer that issue we have to comprehend human nature. People are risk takers, thanks to our extra-large as well as highly developed brains that can compute potential gains for risks taken. Given our highly developed nature we gamble for 2 reasons � to seek exhilaration and to be social. The need for excitement comes from our natural predatory instinct which is managed by our primitive brain. The neurotransmitter dopamine is actually released within our brain that provides us a high and we seek excitement. When a predator is actually hunting for a prey the neurotransmitter dopamine is released and keeps the predator from distraction. However, when the gains, the prey, are made another neurotransmitter the endorphin, which produces a sense of euphoria, is released. We get addicted to these types of chemicals and the result is we become addictive or irresponsible gamblers.
The classic symptoms of irresponsible betting are:
* Too much time and money spent on gambling
* Wagering a lot more than your sources of income
* Betting against higher chances
* Losing sight of your chances of winning a particular bid
Today it is very easy to gamble, actually many people are now able to gamble on their mobile phones. Nowadays it is very typical to find out young and old play online poker on the smartphone in a subway, on a bus stop, at the office, as well as in your own home. The ease at which betting is made possible can make it even more necessary to profess as well as recommend the advantages of responsible gambling. Websites like eurolotto.com and www.cherrycasino.com are doing their little bit to advertise healthy betting.
Listed below are few things you might do to stop your self from falling into the trap and become an irresponsible risk taker:
* Always think about gambling as a type of amusement, and never as a means of making an income.
* Gamble using the cash you have, don�t ever borrow for gambling. Fix a limit you can afford to lose.
* Never gamble if you are depressed or suffering from anxiety. Your judgment is bound to fail you.
* Designate a fixed time when you gamble. Don�t cross the time limit whether you succeed or lose.
* Participate in other stuff to get your dosage of endorphins. Pursue some other interests as well as hobbies.
* Learn how to cut your losses by giving up. Never run after deficits within the hope of making up.
* Never gamble when under the influence of alcohol or some other substances.
* Never use your Bank Debit or Charge card in order to gamble, always use cash that you could afford to lose.
As mentioned earlier EuroLotto is doing great work in making sure responsible betting. Look for sites such as these or even better go only on this kind of sites when you have the urge to gamble.
Keep in mind the basic point of betting is having fun and excitement. The feeling needs to be good, and the moment you recognize you are losing your perspective of time as well as cash, its about time to stop and take a step back!